Winner of 2 gold stars at the 2011 Great Taste Awards. Deortegas is a family owned mill near Yecla, Murcia in Spain. Deortegas produces organic extra virgin olive oils which come from two growing estates, Los Charquillos and Hoya Hermosa. In keeping with the organic nature of the estate, Deortegas ensures a minimal intervention in the natural growing and production of the olives. Olives are always collected from the tree at their optimum maturity and by mechanical means, avoiding any damage to the fruit. Extraction in cold press takes place less than 24 hours from collection. The oil is then placed in stainless steel vats and bottled according to market demand, so that its attributes to remain intact. So when we order from them, the oil is only then bottled, which helps to give it the superb freshness.
Tasting Notes: A fresh and delicate oil, fruity and intense green with some notes of fruit paste, tomatoes, bananas and apples. It is bitter and spicy of medium intensity.
– Two Gold Star at the Great Taste Awards 2011
– BioFach 2009 & 2010 Nuremberg, Germany.
– Flos Olei 2010 & 2011 Selected for the Guide of the Best Extra Virgin Olive Oils in the World
– Ecoliva Biol 2010 Italy. “Best Organic Olive Oil in the World”
– TerraOlivo 2010 Gold Prestige Award, Jerusalem, Israel. “One of the best olive oils of the Mediterranean”
A simple drizzle of this oil on a strong green leafed salad, with possibly a little cracked Himalayan salt over the top, and you will have a delight in your tastebuds. Pair with our stronger flavoured fruit vinegars, such Raspberry Vinegar for a refined and delicious dressing.